Saturday, December 11, 2010

08 Dec 2010- On Our Way to Work in Wintertime

These three are my Xmas decorations not much but enough for our tiny apartment






















We are definitely into wintertime now and we had a huge snow fall last night and more of the same tonight, so I got my camera out and took some pictures on our way to work, and, while I was working. I am now officially wearing my thermals daily, even in the office. The girls there are all German and have to have a window open no matter what the temp is. I do believe German people are the hardiest of all breeds. Elder Walters has now slipped on the ice 3 times and he is there to make sure I do not slip, oh my goodness we are in trouble. Actually, I am grateful to have his arm to steady me so I don't fall. Having a companion is wonderful on a mission but being single on a mission is also wonderful so I guess that means all you older people start thinking about a mission.

Someone brought in a huge tin of German butter cookies, you know the kind that melt in your mouth? They are there sitting on my desk for anyone coming in the office to have a few, well I seem to be eating them all the time. I think I have gained 10 pounds already this Christmas season and it is only the 8th day. One of my co workers, a Sister Sanchez, invited Gene and I over to her house for a real Mexican dinner, not a Spanish dinner as she corrected us on not knowing the difference. We are looking forward to that since there are no Mexican restaurants in Germany that I know of. There is also no soft tortillas. How do you make tacos? you don't, unless you want the hard kind, no thanks.

Going to a fun cultural activity Friday night. A sister is going to tell us what they do in Germany during the Christmas season. Can't wait for that, more goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment