Tuesday, March 29, 2011

26 Mar 2011 2nd Time For Fulda
























This morning after doing an early session at the temple with Jessica, we went home to rest, but the Paxton's came over and wanted to know what we were doing today. Of course we can never pass up an invitaton to go any where, so we went to a place they had not seen. We were so glad that we did, because the last time we went to Fulda, we only had 2 hours and that is not enough time to really see the place. I was able to get more pictures of one of the oldest chapels in Germany. The Marienkirche was built in 822 AD. It is very Medieval looking. The architecture of the roof reminded me of a witches hat. It is right next to the Dom in Fulda. I took a lot of pictures of that cathedral the last time we were there. I wanted you to know that today I actually had a conversation with a German nun. She could not speak English so I said sprechen Deutsch Bitte. She was so happy. What she said to us was that the church was closed but that it would be open tomorrow for a tour at 2 oclock. She wanted to know if we would still be there. To my surprize I understood everything she said. I told her we would not be there tomorrow but thank you very much. Maybe I'll get the hang of it the more I try to speak it. Understanding and speaking are two totally different animals.

We went to the cutest place to eat but I forgot to take pictures of the walls that were covered in old Hollywood celebrity pictures from the 40's & 50's. We ordered a pizza and some pasta but what came to us was raw bacon with fresh Basil on top. Elder Walters ate my dish and I ate his, fair trade. I am usually up for anything but after chewing the raw bacon for 5 minutes with no progress, I decided me or the bacon had to go. I won that battle. I loved the crust however. Took some pictures of the food and of the Paxton's. Elder Walters took them on a tour of the palace, which is grand, but I just walked around the grounds which I did take pictures of. They are beautiful and will be more in more in blume as the spring approaches. Home in 1 hour and early to bed to be ready for my boys at church. Tschuss

2 comments:

  1. Love the bacon comment. It made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess raw bacon is a delicacy here in Germany and everyone loves it. It has more meat than fat on it and it has a more sweet taste to it. Dad says he is acquiring a taste for it, yuk.

    ReplyDelete