Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Computer classes

Oh my what a day we had. Our computer classes started. We had to learn 4 computer programs in 6 hours. The Microsoft Excell, IMOS which is the church program to run the mission(finances, rentals, transfers, letters), how to make a Newsletter and Microsoft 2007. Dad was overwhelmed to say the least. He stuck in there however, and I think he learned al ot. I was in heaven. You know how I like organizing people and things. Not sure exactly what we will be doing at the Mission home but we will do what the Lord asks us.

Today someone told us they had a couple who was called to the Germany mission and when they got there the Mission President asked them if they would go to Poland and find the members of the church there. He gave them a car, gas card and a map. Are you kidding me! Then someone else said are you the couple going to Germany who will be over the CES program. I said I had no idea what we will be doing. I did mention however in our Mission papers that Gene was a Seminary teacher. That would be a fun one.

Dad wanted me to tell you all that the first night we were here it snowed and then rained the next day. So we are now officially into spring with 78 degree weather. All the couples we knew have gone onto their mission assignments. They say you really don't know what you will be doing until you get to your mission. We are very busy all the time but we love it. Our spirituality level has gone way up. I don't even care about going to the movies or watching TV any more. I guess it is true when you spend 24-7 thinking about Christ and loving others, you don't have time to do nonsensical things.

We went to a great devotional last night. The speaker was Steven Allen from the church Communications. He is in charge of producing and directing all the info commercials. He showed us clips from 10 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment