Saturday, April 17, 2010

04-2010 Talk From Glen L. Pace

What a day today. This is the last day we will see all the other couple missionaries. They are all leaving on Sunday. As you know we will be staying here for another week to learn about computers and to continue on with our German lessons. We had a big surprise from Craig Meister our Lerer (teacher) he told us we were going to bear our testimonies in Deutsch, in front of all the other couples who are learning a foreign language. We heard testimonies in Russian, Tagalog from the Philippines, French, Bulgarian and German. Even though we didn't understand much, we sure felt the spirit. Our teacher said he didn't want us taking any notes up with us so we didn't. The Lord blessed us I know. I was scared to death. Now that is over we just have to be able to do it in Germany.

I'm getting excited but oh how tired I am. Gene is still nursing his blisters on his feet. walking 10 miles in regular shoes was not a good idea. Dad is having a caffeine melt down. He's done really good without it but he still has the desire. Tomorrow he wants us to take a bus to the mall and get a Pepsi and a hamburger. I need a pedicure. All this walking has made my feet bigger. It's amazing. I think we are walking about 2 miles a day and my back hardly hurts. What hurts are my feet. I left my new brown shoes at home so all I have are worn out black shoes from the thrift store. I will wait until I get to Germany and get some authentic German ones.

I wanted to tell you about the talk we heard from Glen L. Pace. The subject matter was interesting and amazing. He said he and his wife had been on two missions as a couple. During the first one his father died of a heart attack. After his first mission he had bypass surgery and he died for 4 minutes. After he was brought back to life and given a blessing (Which said that his work was not yet finished), he remembered something that he saw. He was at the door of the spirit world. He was surrounded by darkness and he was searching for someone. He cried out for his father but he could not see him. Then he felt his presence behind him. His father told him he could not go with him and they both cried. On his second second mission his mother was dying. He got home just days before she did die. He went to the hospital and was talking to her and he asked her, "Have you seen Dad?" she said "Yes, he's here all the time, except when he's at choir practice. He said that was not an unusual thing for her to say because when his dad was a Bishop he was gone all the time but his mother insisted he was home with the family for dinner on Sundays. One Sunday he was late and she asked him, "Where have you been?" he said "I've been to choir practice." She didn't like that one bit. He asked her what she could see, and she said the flowers are indescribable. Another point he made was that as we become more righteous the vale between here and the spirit world becomes thinner and thinner. It is wonderous to know that we have the spiritual DNA of our Heavenly Father.

I know those who have passed on can see us and they long to be with us. They are there to help us, to support us in our sorrows. I hope that our children are comforted by that fact. Dad and I know the Church is true, please read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. It will bring a lot of joy in your life. We are here because we love you all. We want you to be happy families. We pray for all of you. Signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment