Sunday, June 6, 2010

Juni 4, 2010 On our way to Bad Homberg





















































Gene and I decided to take the zug as far as it would take us and today that happened to be Bad Homberg. It is more country there and beautiful. When we arrived we didn't know where to go, so we just turned around and came back to the Hauptwaca. I have to say every time we go to the Hauptwaca it is like a new adventure and it is always a party for the German people. It is like they have nothing to do but visit, no body seems to have children, there all adults. We get allot of stares at our Missionary badges but not much talk. They say Frankfurt is mainly Catholic. I guess they hate to leave those beautiful churches that are everywhere. New Fashions in the windows, new musicians to entertain us and new food items at the Plaza.

As you can see I see new buildings every time we take a different street to walk down. I also did a little people watching while Gene found his favorite Brat place to eat. He says the skins on the Brat are really hard to eat, but he just keeps eating them. As you can see Rachel, I found Escada, Chanel, Gucci and Massimo Dutti fashion shops. I hope the photos are clear enough to see. I'm sure you can tell the Gucci bags from the Chanel fashions. Oh and don't forget the Vespas. They were all lined up in all the bright colors. Gene said they were old Vespas redone, but what do we know about Vespas. We do know they are popular in Germany. Lots of them driving around here. We heard some Oriental music with the drums and bells and started toward it, we happen to come on the Tai Festival day. The costumes were brillant but I couldn't tell the men from the women, they all dance the same and wear the same outfits. I was confused to say the least but the dancing was entertaining and I took lots of pictures. They had lots of Tai food which was delicious. I just love the cobblestone streets. I was concentrating on the patterns on the walk way and I actually saw a heart, so I had to take a picture of it. Nothing like that in America. Home before dark, see you tomorrow. We have a big adventure planned in Darmstadt. Hope you like the photos.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to ask if it was a Thai drag show:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I did find the dancing very feminine but then again maybe their culture finds the feminine very appealing. I love that men can be feminine too. I'll have to ask Bishop Vongsawad what is up. He is from Tailand, I think.

    ReplyDelete