Sunday, May 8, 2011

24 apr 2011- Easter drive in Tanus Mts


























Easter was beautiful as we had three talks on the Resurrection of Christ. After the meeting we took a drive up through the Tannus Mountains near Frankfurt. While Sister Walters was snoozing, I noticed the beautiful country side of farms. The patch work of fields like a Relief Society quilt of greens, browns and above all yellows. One field was so close to the autobahn that it filled the car with a bright light. I then thought of the Atonement of Christ at this Easter season. How his light brought into our life, hope, love, tolerance and charity. To give me a chance to serve this mission was very humbling. To allow me to come to the country of my forefathers was even more humbling. What a wonderful feeling filled my heart then. With gratitude I expressed my appreciation to Heavenly Father for the offering of his son on our behalf.

What great news we have to tell the world about Christ, his mission, his living prophet today and his true church that all of his children can know about. I love the Savior and his principle of repentance. I close this story in his name. Sister Walters took pictures of our drive up to the Tannus Mountains and it was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment