Saturday, August 6, 2011

13 Jul 2011 Our Girls on the Rhein
















Back home from that crazy trip and ready for another day. We got permission to show our girls around Germany and let them see our special places that we have been with the Senior Missionaries. The Rhein River Trip is very special. I took more pictures of my daughters this time because I have already mentioned this place before. After the cold and wet trip on the river we ended up at Sankt Goar, but not before we got off on the wrong side of the river and had to catch a ferry back. I can't believe I did that for a second time, but it just snuck up on us again. It doesn't help that all the announcements are given in German, so we do not realize it. We finally got back on dry land and walked to the best place to find Black Forest clocks. Kim and Dawn picked theirs out and they all shopped around for family gifts to take back. Then it was on to more important things like eating.

Sankt Goar is such a quaint little place. Very narrow cobblestone streets with half timbered buildings. We found a place to eat German food and everyone was happy. I think my girls will go back home having an appreciation for German culture and food. We left just as it was starting to rain and I was glad it was still early, because tomorrow the girls leave on a train with a 5 day rail pass to visit 5 countries. Sure wish I was young again. We will miss them while they are gone, but what an opportunity to see France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Switzerland. I think the highlight was their time in France and Switzerland. The countryside in Switzerland was their favorite. Enjoy the Pictures, I am sure you can see more on their facebook accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment