Thursday, January 12, 2012

10 Jan 2012 Kaiserslautern FHC
















This morning we got up early and drove to Grunstadt to pick up Simone and Sister Peter. They wanted to spend the day with us visiting a Family History Center. They could not have picked a more beautiful center to visit. As you go in the door you feel like you are in Salt Lake City in a way. There are rows and rows of books on many shelves. Some are histories of Towns and others are histories of people. We talked to the director Sister Roylance and her assistant Sister Johnson.

Our main goal was to deliver a new computer to the Center. They have been waiting for some time so they were excited. We were told that approximately 80 people attend their center every month. I asked how many were non LDS and she said about 66 %. That is lower than most of the centers. I realized the reason for this was because this ward is involved in training their youth, and the Bishop is very supportive of Genealogy work himself. Sister Roylance is planning new ways of involving the youth, especially with indexing.

We stayed and talked about Genealogy work for a while and then we drove back to Grunstadt where Sister Peter made us a wonderful German meal. A meat dish that contained liver pate and was smothered with fried onions. Along with that was sour kraut and mashed potatoes. I asked her for the recipe so I can make then when I get home. Love her cooking. This family is so special. They are our family away from home. Can't wait until they come see us in California.

Just a note, I just finished up on the Year End Report for our Department. What a challenge for me. I have never actually done a report that included pictures, but I had a lot of help from our other good friends the Palmers. Judy taught me how to crop my pictures before inserting them. That helped out tremendously. It is amazing how the Lord uses others around us to help make our lives a little easier. Have a great day, Tschuss

No comments:

Post a Comment