Monday, January 2, 2012

25 Dec 2011 Christmas at Church & Dinner at the Jarrets

PROFESSOR-DOCTOR KARL GOTTFRIED BRUN-OTTE













LUNCH AT THE JARRETTS








We got to sleep in a little bit this morning because church did not start until 10:00. The talks were inspiring and the music was wonderful. Christmas is a good time sing. My favorite thing in Germany is to sing the hymns in German. I will miss that when we go home. I have to tell you what a pleasure it is to go to church in the Friedrichsdorf ward. My first time here I was introduced to the most inspiring organist and he is so bold and out there. He plays for our Stake Conferences and he makes it sound like he is playing for the Tabernacle Choir. Let me just give you a a run down of some of his accomplishments. I know you will be impressed. He has his Doctorate in Philosophy of Arts. He has taught in many Universities and is a lecturer in Composition Aesthetics. He plays the organ, piano, cembalo, violin, viola, and the flute. He use to play for the Evangelical church before joining the LDS church. Every week I wait to see what he is wearing. I love his outfits, I have no idea where he finds them, especially his ties. He is not afraid of color and the wilder the better. He is just a person you will never forget. I asked him if I could take a picture of him and he gives me 4 pictures and a bio. All the rest of the missionaries in our ward want copies. They are so jealous.

After church we went to the Jarrets for a light dinner-lunch, is that called a drunch? It was really good. Brother Jarrett helps his wife cook. Take note of that Elder Walters. They had fresh baked pretzels, potato salad and boiled weisbrats. The desserts were yummy too. We all sat around afterwards and talked about spiritual experiences we have had in our lives. We exchanged gifts and headed for home so we could talk to our families for Christmas. Merry Christmas Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment