Monday, January 2, 2012

27 Dec 2011 Our Christmas Party with the Group














This was our Christmas party today. Gene and I worked all day and he was such a great help to me. He hauled over two tables and 4 chairs and put them up in our front room. I used Christmas wrapping paper to cover the tables with and used Christmas decorations down the center. I thought it looked pretty good. After all that we traveled to pick up the ribs from the famous Waldgeist restaurant. We took our girls there and they thought the portions were outrageous. Everything is 4 times larger than a normal person could eat. The ribs are really good so we had to get some to share with the group.

Back and ready for our group of 14 people. Everyone brought something to share. Potato salad, baked beans, greed salad and homemade rolls. I laid all the food out in buffet style. Everyone was in heaven for the next two hours, but I am sure we all paid for it when we went to bed that night. We are old you know. For dessert a delicious hot apple-berry crisp with ice cream on top. I think everyone out did themselves. We never had time for games because we all had work in the morning. We want to thank everyone who sent us a Christmas card, they were greatly appreciated. Blessed rest for three days and then another party. Keep in tune for the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment