Tuesday, July 13, 2010

8 Juli 2010 Trip to Frankfurt











So the sleeping beauties finally woke up from their hundred year sleep and we all drove to Frankfurt, parked the car and went the rest of the way by zug . On our way we saw a few walls covered with what Mazzy calls Germany's art form. I have to agree, it was pretty good. When we got on the zug it was terrible. This is in 95 degree weather with 90% humidity and no such thing as air conditioning. Their are not seats because it is 6:00 pm rush hour. The day turned out okay because the girls loved Frankfurt. I took them to the Romerberg (Germany's oldest town) and the Dom Romer which is the beautiful church which is by the Main River. I took a few pictures. I told the girls they could walk down to the river and look around and I would set here by the church in the shade until they came back. Well I waited and waited and waited some more. Finally they came walking up. I said where have you guys been? and Maz says, "well we wanted to sit down in the shade and we fell asleep. " I don't blame them, it is easily done. The river is so beautiful with the wide bridges and just across the river is a huge church. Their is grass everywhere and huge trees to lay under. Nothing like Germany.

We all had brats and of course an eis for dessert. We were all tired when we arrived back home at 11:00 PM. You can't tell how late it is because it doesn't get dark until 10:30 PM. We went window shopping and the girls found a few gifts to take back home. We had to go to work the next day so I'm sure the girls slept in, lucky them.

1 comment: