Sunday, July 4, 2010

Juli 2, 2010 Move to Bad Vilbel

Well guess where we are moving? Bad Vilbel. At noon today at work they told us we would be moving and could we be out of our old apartment by Saturday morning. Are you kidding me? But we both left work at noon and hurried home. Thank goodness we have a car, so we could do it all in 2 moves. It wasn't too hard. We only had clothes and incidentals. Gene cleaned the old apartment Saturday morning and we were moved into our new apartment by Saturday afternoon. It is so much bigger and has so much more room. It is only a one bedroom but a big front room and a much larger kitchen. We have a dish washer, washer and dryer and a TV. Well you know where Gene will be spending his nights for relaxation. Notice the huge pop up window in the kitchen. It is so great at night when you want the breeze to come in. Oh here is a new flash. Germany is having it's worst heat wave in years. It is about 90 degrees with 100% humidity. I just move and I am sweating buckets. I look like an old washer woman. Gene never sweats, what is with that guy? I can't believe we did all this moving in the heat. We survived.

We just had to go into town and take some pictures for you. It is a beautiful town within walking distance of our apartment. It has everything, even a Woolworths. Remember those stores? Well they are going great guns here in Germany. I remember going to Woolworths with my mom in the 50's and having a cherry fizz. Funny the things you remember when you were young.

The picture at the top is just one of our neighbors as well as the beautiful walkway. Our apartment is the cute one with Gene standing in front. We live next door to the Older Sister missionaries. They are so nice. Their front porch has oodles of flowers on it, so I guess I better get my porch looking as pretty. I love this place. The rest of this day is devoted to rest, rest, rest. I am not as young as I look, or is that I feel older than I am. Have a great one.







































2 comments:

  1. Hope we are still here when you guys come, they are talking about sending us to Bad Homberg closer to work in case they can't find a way for Gene to extend his license, because we will be on the train again, EEEgad

    ReplyDelete