Sunday, July 4, 2010

Juli 1, 2010 Checking out Bad Homberg






























Got the word at work today that we will be moving to either Bad Homberg or Bad Vilbel. Being the curious and hungry ones we headed out for Bad Homberg after work to check out the town more closely. We had already seen the fabulous park they have there but we never got to see the town, so today was the day. I took lots of pictures as usual. First we found a quaint restaurant. A little pricey but it was well worth the money. Gene had his usual steak with boiled and then fried potatoes and I had a white fish that was coated with thin fried potatoes. I took a picture of both so you can get the full effect. The bath rooms were almost as luxurious as the Madonna Inn. The building must have been a bank in the early 1900's because there was an old safe there. We opted to sit out near the street, very European. After wards we took a walk around the town. It had the most wonderful old church. One shop that caught my eye was an old, obviously used sewing shop. I took these two photos for Rachel. She would appreciate the work being done there. Also saw a statue honoring the men who fought in the 1870 Franco-Prussian War. Gene was very impressed.

I found another bright colored telephone booth. This time it was a red one. They are so cute. We walked again until my gout started to act up. Hope nobody even knows what I am talking about. Needless to say my feet were in pain and I had to find my bed. Gene is like the energizer bunny nothing can slow him down. His daughters should be here to accompany him everywhere. Can't wait for work tomorrow. We should know where we are moving.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the sewing machines. I don't trust those plastic ones they have now.

    ReplyDelete