Monday, June 27, 2011

17 Jun 2011- Sankt Goar & Burg Eltz































































BURG ELTZ & STIEFKIRCHE



Another day on the road for the weary travelers, which we were by this time. But not so much walking, as we took a boat tour down the Rhein River. The boat is fairly large and we were able to get a seat under the shade. Actually there was no need for that today because it is sprinkling on and off and very cloudy. It didn't dampen our spirits however. Even though this is my fourth time taking this trip, it never ceases to amaze me how many castles are along this river, One after another. I didn't take too many photos this time as it was just fun watching Johnny and Jenny enjoy the view. When we first got on, there was a group of young kids and they were so noisy. I don't believe they even looked at the scenery. Too busy playing games to see who could hold their breath the longest.

I forgot to mention that Elder Walters did not take the boat trip, as he drove the car from Rudesheim where we got on the boat, to Sankt Goar where Castle Rheinfelds stands to be explored. That's where he took over and I sat down in town to wait for them to see the castle. I also forgot to mention that I really did a crazy thing that nearly gave me and Elder Walters a heart attack. Right before the boat was to dock, I thought I had enough time to use the ladies room, I was wrong, by the time I was out ready to disembark, I saw that the boat was turning around to head to the other side. I ran out to the deck and saw my three compadres standing there on shore waving to me. I just shrugged my shoulders as if to say, " oh well". I thought for a moment and then saw that the problem was to get back on the other side. Everyone was pointing some where, couldn't make it out, but then I spied a ferry boat that takes people and cars from one side of the river to the other. When the boat docked, I ran out on shore letting my worried husband know I was going to take the ferry back. Everyone was relieved. I was sure a headache that day. I guess I am getting old.

Anyway, the three of them had a great time going back in time when they went through the Castle. When they returned, we all had a great dinner of what else, brats, hamburgers and I had fish again. You must try fish in Germany. They have the best sauces here. Jenny liked looking through the shops and then we left for home by way of Burg Eltz.

We just recently went here and we loved it, but we were too late to take Johnny and Jenny on a tour so they just walked the long way to see it. I took a few pictures of them coming back. Onward to home for some much needed rest. Are we wearing our guests out? Hope not, we have another day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment