Monday, May 31, 2010

Mai 27,2010 A Day at the office













Today we got an e-mail saying we were being sent 5 new missionaries. We had no idea about these. The Lord knows what the Mission needs and he sends them. My trainer, Elder Davies said I was going to do all the paper work myself. He has rewritten the office procedures just for me, because I did not know the programs before I came here. I said, "I guess I am just a little bit dense." and he said, "No it's because you are old". Boy was he right. I said, "I think it is a little of both. You're probably wondering did I accomplish the task, well of course I did and with flying colors. You can't imagine the paper work that is needed to process just one missionary in to the system.

On my way to lunch today I walked by a fabulous church. I had to take pictures from all angles and across the street was a beautiful green house and in front of the house was a bright yellow telephone booth. Plus beautiful flowers on the way. I had so many things to take pictures of. I finally got to my favorite bistro that has the best zuppe(soup). I have decided to eat zuppe everyday, it always has loads of vegetables in it. Elder Walters hates soup so you know where I am going when he is off breaking his back at work.

A note on Elder Walters. He has the hardest job in the mission. For the last two days he has been working 15 hours cleaning an apartment that they are closing and the missionaries have already gone home. The place was so dirty that they had to scrub the floors 5 times. At one time the Elders had a fire but forgot to tell anyone and of course they had to repaint. What ever happened to checking missionary apartments. When Rachel and Josh were on their missions they had apartment checks. I think I should suggest that the District Leaders check it out before anyone leaves the place. Make the Elder's clean it up, they made the mess. Oh well, just feeling sorry for my hubby.

This week Elder Walters will be given possession of the coveted Mission Van. They use it for everything but when they are not using it, Gene has it. That will make him feel better. Tomorrow we are having our District meeting and I am making the main dish for our luncheon. I guess they looked at me and said, She looks like she knows how to cook. Well I made spaghetti and meatballs. I was lucky I found the right sauce. I'm not like Pam Anderson with my handy recipes. Anyway you have to get the one that says basilikum (basil) on it or it will taste like pure tomatoes. I put shredded Gouda (A German cheese) all over the top. Hope they like it tomorrow.
I went shopping after work with my co-worker Sister Lykins. She speaks German so I get all the good deals on fresh fruits and vegetables. The only thing I really know how to say is spargel (while asparagus).

No comments:

Post a Comment