Monday, May 17, 2010

May 16, 2010 Friedhof (cemetary in Frankfurt)






















We went to church today, all in German and I am falling asleep trying to understand anything. They speak so fast. After church we went for a walk in the Friedhof (cemetery). It is about 1,000 acres and the most beautiful place you have ever seen. We fasted today for Heavenly Father to send us help from the other side to find both our relatives who need their Temple work done. I felt we should look around the cemetery so we started looking. We did find two tombstones with the last name Walter so I took pictures of those but in the process of walking around I saw the most delightful tombstones so I am including those pictures. One looked like it belonged to a Gypsy family. When you see it you will know what I am talking about. We sat around on a bench and just looked at the greenery. Germany is so green, not like California. The birds and squirrels were out in perfect form. We know where to go if we want to feel the spirit. After we got back home Gene actually helped me cook dinner, I had to take a picture of that. We made swine schnitzel. It was pretty good except it doesn't taste like German food. I think our internet will be here on Tuesday but we have to put it in. We have some Elders who will do it.

I just read Dads e-mail and I just found out Court had graduated. I sent him a letter. I have that present I want to send him but tell him it is to put on his desk when he becomes a Lawyer. Will let everyone know when we can start skyping.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe my eyes. Dad in the kitchen! He looks happy. I'm so glad you both take join in the simple things. Well, you had to go across the world to do it and have your car taken away but... :) I miss you both but am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete