Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 3, 2010 Getting ready for ZoCo

We have been getting ready for the ZoCo (Zone Conference). It's part of my job to get all the mission reports for the President ready. This job would be a breeze for Dawn. They want me to learn how to present a slide show on all the new baptisms. It is a night mare. The ZoCo has kept the two missionaries so busy that they have not had time to train me, so I am left to watch over their shoulders. I automatically go into sleep mode. Each missionary e-mails the mission office and they put in their wish list. We have to gather all that stuff together and make it happen. It took Gene and I a full day to finish that project.

We have B's of M in every language. I guess Frankfurt is a melting pot for Europe. More jobs here than any where else in Europe. I can't believe the amount of mail some of these missionaries get, while others get nothing. At least the parent's should write. The office staff got a pizza delivered today and was it ever strange. Not nearly as good as we get in the States. When you want pepperoni you ask for salami and almost everything has spinish on it. The bakeries are great here. I have to watch that I don't eat too much of it however.

Gene was helping the Elders clean out the Hellars (basements) down under the floor in our apartment. The Mission stores all the stuff after closing missionary apartments and then uses it to open other apartments up. This goes on monthly. We have a second bedroom in our apartment but it is full of more stuff, linens and tools. Wish I could put it all down stairs but that is Gene's job so it stays. I can see this job is going to be a big one for Gene especially when he doesn't have help from the Elder's. Mission Pres. wants them back proselyting.

My job is just as hard only mentally. I love organizing things as you know. I am however, a little apprehensive about my ability to do it. I guess I am forgetting that I am capable, it's just new. Good news for Dad, he now knows how to e-mail. I am so proud of him. The High Priest group will be glad to know that too. Well off to bed it's 10:00. We have to get up by 5:30 to get ready for Zone Conference.

1 comment:

  1. Off to bed? Did you get the internet? Or do they keep you ate the office that late?

    ReplyDelete