Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 2, 2010 German Ward

We went to church today and we decided to go to the all German speaking ward. We didn't understand (verstehen) much of what was said but we really perked up when the Bishop asked us both to bare our testimony. We both took up interpreters with us but when I got up something told me to do it in German, just do my best. I told the German lady that I would try and she smiled. I think they appreciate it when we try to speak their language. Well I did it and it came from my heart, nothing I had memorized. Gene said he was so proud of me, that everyone was crying. I guess they felt my spirit because I don't remember a thing that I said, One of the couple missionaries took us to see the family history library. I was thinking it would look huge like Salt Lake's but it is as small as in Vista. They have all their records sent over from some place else.

Our Sunday school teacher talked pretty slow and very animated, so he was interesting to watch. He is a big German fellow who wears suspenders. We rested for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment