Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 9, 2010 Church and B-Day party









Went to church today still can't understand but a few words of German, they assure me if we stick with it we will be speaking German in 6 months. We shall see. After church the German Sister who works with me had a birthday party with a big German meal. She invited a few people we were the only couple who got invited. I got her a gift from Saalburg. I didn't know what to get her she is not a bit girlish so I thought something earthy. I found a bowl made out of a piece of wood. Looks really cool. I found some dried Lavender in a sachet pouch and included that. When she opened it up she really loved it. Her companion said she is an artist and she doesn't like symmetrical objects, but she liked this because it is different on each side. I guess I did this one right. Our German meal was outstanding but couldn't eat it all. They had the good red cabbage. That is so good, with boiled potatoes and some sort of rolled meat with cheese in the middle. Gravy all over the place and the best bread. Can't forget the bread. Then her son, who came to see her made taramiso (spelling) so sad for you Dawn. He is a baker. I will insert some pictures when I get them. These are pictures of the Elders who are training us, Elder Tippets and Elder Davies very computer savy. Also Sis. Osterloh from German and Sis. Lykins who shows us every where to go. The little Elder is the one from Holland I was talking about looking like a fashion show. His name is Elder Dieduksma

2 comments:

  1. I'm with Dieduksma. There's just no reason to wear a bad suit. Gotta get some pictures of him in the suits. Ask him what brands they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be in Zone Conferences the middle of June, I will see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete